What is this course?
The Certificate in Coach-Mentoring is a 50 hour blended learning programme that can stand alone as an accredited EMCC Foundation Level Programme or as an EMCC accredited Practitioner Level short course that can be the start of working towards the full EMCC Practitioner Level qualification.
Who is it for?
For those who wish to develop the skills, tools and techniques to have effective formal coaching and/or mentoring relationships.The content of this programme is positioned at Practitioner Level.
Can it be tailored to meet specific development needs?
Yes. We will work consultatively with you to understand your specific requirements and tailor the course to meet those needs. For more information, please contact Ed Parsloe.
Duration: 6 months
Time Commitment: 50 hrs
Accreditation: EMCC Foundation Level
Entry requirements: Good business English and an appetite to learn
Fees: £3,295 + VAT
Contact: Ed Parsloe
Delivery format: This is a blended learning programme that is delivered to individuals in organisations
One day workshop
The programme starts with a one day workshop, the content of which can be explored and agreed with the client, but broadly the objectives are to:-
- Recognise and describe situational approaches to coaching and mentoring
- Explore a number of coach-mentoring frameworks and have the opportunity to practise and receive feedback on skills and techniques
- Demonstrate the core processes that underpin effective coaching and mentoring and start building reflective skills
- Confidently explain the learning outcomes and assessment requirements to achieve the qualification
- Discuss the importance of contracting and how to go about it with your coachees
- Be able to set up and take part in Action Learning to support ongoing self-managed learning
Each candidate would have their own Coach-Mentor Supervisor allocated (CMS) and would have 4 x 1 hour telephone sessions as well as receiving 2 hours of feedback on their written evidence during the programme.
The study element for this programme are:-
- One book - The Coaching Manual – Julie Starr
- Completing 2 Personal Learning Plans – one at the start and one at the end
- Competing 4 Reflective Summaries to capture learning taken from the coaching activities undertaken
- Reviewing a range of online Multimedia resources from the online learning portal
Each candidate will also be required to formally coach 3 coachees during the programme who will provide detailed feedback on their coaching skills and techniques via an online 180 feedback process.
At the end of the programme, each candidate will be required to attend a telephone assessment interview with their CMS to formally assess their portfolio of evidence against the EMCC standards.